The CLEAR Mission
The mission of Los Angeles City/County Community Law Enforcement and Recovery (CLEAR) program is to facilitate the recovery of gang-infested communities. This is accomplished by an infusion of coordinated resources into targeted areas of high gang crime in order to decrease gang violence and promote community recovery. This mission is accomplished through an effective collaboration among several city, county and state criminal justice agencies, and through partnerships between CLEAR’s core collaborative and agencies, programs and individuals in the targeted communities.
CLEAR’s Core Team Members
CLEAR Program Organization
CLEAR’s policy, management, operations and community engagement functions are distributed among several organizational components.
- CLEAR was founded at the highest levels of local government and, on occasion, convenes a summit of the leaders of its constituent agencies: the Mayor of Los Angeles, LAPD Chief of Police, LA County Sheriff, LA City Attorney, and heads of the County District Attorney and County Probation offices, who work together on strategies against gang violence.
- Program-level policy, management and oversight are provided by the CLEAR Executive Committee, which represents each core agency. The Executive Committee meets monthly and has an administrative staff. The District Attorney member of the Committee serves as CLEAR program Coordinator.
- At each CLEAR site, local management, operations and community engagement are handled by an Operations Team, which also works closely with a Community Impact Team (CIT) composed of CLEAR personnel and community stakeholders. Each Operations Team also engages other law enforcement agencies and community programs to make CLEAR a truly comprehensive anti-gang initiative.
CLEAR Target Areas
- Citywide Map
- 77th Street
- Hollenbeck Ramona Gardens
- Southeast Jordan Downs
Compared with similar high gang crime areas where CLEAR has not been operating, CLEAR's primary target areas have experienced 22% less gang crime during the last 3 years than occurred before the CLEAR program was there.
Questions Regarding CLEAR
Please address any questions to Detective Jorge L. Martinez, CLEAR Administrative Director at (213) 486-5392 or Assistant City Attorney Anne Tremblay, CLEAR Executive Board Member at (213) 978-4090.
Gang Awareness for Parents
Graffiti Awareness for Parents
Community Law Enforcement and Recovery (CLEAR) Program
Program Information and Maps
- Gang Injunction Facts (English)
- Gang Injunction Facts (Spanish)
- Gang Injunction Program Guidelines
- Gang Injunctions and Maps
- Gang Injunctions: How And Why They Work (English)
- Gang Injunctions: How And Why They Work (Spanish)
Removal Petition From Gang Injunction Enforcement
Central City Injunction
- Councilmember Cardenas' Guide for Understanding Effective Gang Intervention
- Los Angeles County Grand Jury Report On Civil Gang Injunctions
- Targeting Resources to Combat Graffiti